Working agile means you need to be more disciplined, not less! Think it’s one of the main reasons why is it so difficult to implement Scrum in a team (not speaking about whole organization). Here are several aspects:
- Estimation and planning
- Iteration planning with clients
- Daily follow-up with a whole team
- Iterative reviews of results and further adjustments
- Team work
- Definition of Done: list of requirements that all team has to contribute to – qa and capacity testing, documentation, presentations, monitoring.
- Time boxes
- Team has to deliver best possible results in a limited time. Requires lot’s of focus and determination
- Team is seeking for improvements at the end of each iteration. Normally each two weeks!
- Results must be presented to clients or main stakeholders at the end of each iteration
p.s. Stumbled upon the same topic in InfoQ – The Importance of Discipline in Agile