Should we consider this when forming a team?
The size of social groups of people in pre-industrial societies, especially hunters/gatherers. They found several common sizes:
- An “inner circle” of about three to five very close friends or family members
- A “sympathy group” of 12 to 15 close friends who care about each other’s fate
- A “hunting group” of 30 to 50 colleagues who cooperate to accomplish a task
- A “clan” of 150 people who maintain stable interpersonal relationships
- A “tribe” of about 500 to 2,500 people who speak the same