Continue sharing notes from Agile Estonia event - http://agile.ee/ Previous post about Staff Liquidity
- Lagging metrics – the ones you can’t affect [e.g. weight]
- Leading metrics – the ones you can affect [e.g. what food you take]
- The best way to influence the team is to visualize the data
- Avoid vanity metrics. Use AARRR metrics: Acquisition of customer; Activation – are the active? Retention; Reference; Revenue
- Don’t use metrics as target
- Make sure everybody understands what is behind this data and how it’s gathered
- Use balanced set of metrics, e.g. Revenue, Ability to do more work, Happiness of employees, Happy customers
- Keep in mind the cost of metrics gathering. Will you be able to make decisions based on that?
- Metrics expire!
Last part is going to be about improving the whole value chain. It was very interesting keynote by Mattias Skarin.